Municipality of Jasper
Municipal Housing Coordinator
Work with us!
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join the Municipality of Jasper. Municipal employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities that make a difference in our community. We support a diverse workforce and offer competitive wages and benefits.
Together we make Jasper a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Municipal Housing Coordinator will be responsible for advancing all housing related matters on behalf of the municipality.
- Supporting the Jasper Community Housing Corporation (JCHC) in its current form,
- Leading the transition of the JCHC to a Municipally Controlled Corporation
- Managing the municipality’s relationship with housing providers including MPL place,
- Evaluating, improving and delivering processes related to the provision of municipal staff accommodations,
- Advancing construction of new residential units where the municipality and JCHC are involved,
- The role also includes taking a leadership role in education and advocacy related to community housing matters.
To successfully meet the requirements of the position, you will have:
- A high degree of personal initiative with strong skills in project management, planning, communication and organization.
- Public relations skills, ability to work with a diverse group of people,
- Effective self and client management in interactions where emotions may be, or become high,
- Ability to work within time constraints or pressures due to deadlines and time-sensitive transactions.
Desired knowledge, education and experience:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in planning, public administration, business or office administration, hospitality management, real estate or a related field,
- Demonstratable experience in related fields such as: project or property management, municipal administration
- General administration, such as: working with time-sensitive issues and meeting deadlines, communication, web-site updates, computer competence with Microsoft office programs.
While residency in Jasper will be required, a “work-from-home” arrangement may be considered for this position. Additionally, the Municipality may be able to assist in relocation to Jasper through the provision of transitional housing for a limited term.
A detailed position description is available on our website at www.jasper-alberta.com. The Municipality of Jasper offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including pension plan.
Submit resume and cover letter, outlining how your experience matches the desired qualifications, skills and abilities for this position via email to:
Human Resources Manager, Municipality of Jasper; email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m., April 12, 2023
Posting Date: March 14, 2023
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our staff are united in core values of:
Accountability – Communication – Empathy – Professionalism – Respect – Teamwork
We recognize the value that comes from different viewpoints, unique experiences and diverse perspectives of our employees
The Municipality of Jasper respectfully acknowledges that Jasper National Park and the Municipality of Jasper are on Treaty 6 and 8 Territories as well as Métis Region 4. This land is the traditional territory, meeting ground, gathering place, travelling route and home for the Danezaa (Beaver), Nêhiyawak (Cree), Anishinaabe (Ojibway), Secwépemc (Shuswap), Stoney Nakoda and Métis.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by PostX News and is published from a syndicated feed.)